Saturday, January 1, 2011

Core Strength and the TRX

The road to recovery from my Fall leg injury is finally over. One of the main points that coach TL had me work on was core strength. Coach TL has a TRX contraption made by a company called Fitness Anywhere. Many days I found myself out in a park hooking the straps of the TRX up to some monkey bars and then doing a full body workout out in the sunshine (or rain). The main benefit I have found when using the TRX is how fast my core strength has increased.
This last Friday I had an experience that showed me how important and how much my core strength has improved. We had snow the other night and I love to run in fresh snow, but after the snow has stuck around a few days and developed into black ice running can be dicey. I hit an unseen patch of ice on a run and in the past I would have gone down. Not this time. My upper body did some America's funniest home video's contortions, but my lower body just rode the ice like I was on a rail. My foot stayed right under my hip just like skiing. Core strength, balance, stability, yea baby. Thanks Coach TL and TRX!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment