Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A brief introduction to Steve

Hi, I am Steve the newest member of the Active by Design Fitness team and I want to share my exercise and fitness experiences with you. My educational background is in exercise and sport science a field of study I never even considered while growing up because I was always the big fat kid on the block. I was always a competitive swimmer (fat guys float), but hated running and was terrible at explosive sports (except center in basketball, I had a big rear and a sky hook, but no D because I wasn't fast enough). In college I had a roommate that was in the exercise science program and got hooked. At the end of this whole journey I have worked in the Fitness/Recreation industry for most of my adult life and have completed 13 Ironman Canada races, nearly 100 other triathlons, marathons, long distance bike rides. I still think of myself as the fat kid and have to constantly be vigilant in my eating habits but I have proved to myself and hope to share with you a line from Adam Sandler movies that the crazy guy always yells "YOU CAN DO IT'.

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment