Sunday, August 8, 2010

About Coach TL

Hello, my name is Theresa, but everyone calls me TL.
I am currently a USA Triathlon coach and personal trainer. I have four great kids, and understand how difficult it can be to actually take time out for ones-self.

Sixteen years ago, I was 85 pounds overweight. Eventually I realized I needed to adopt a new lifestyle and get healthy, so I started running and changed my eating habits. Since that time, I’ve finished numerous triathlons of all distances, including five Ironman competitions.

Aside from 10+ years of triathlons, I’ve had extensive personal training in regards to gym work and weights, completed two open water swimming races, four half marathons, three marathons (including the Inaugural San Diego Rock and Roll Marathon with Team In Training), RAMROD (endurance bike ride in one day that is 154 miles and 10,000 ft. elevation gain), and am currently learning how to track race on the bike.

In my endeavors to get in shape and to do it with four small children I needed to somehow find time for myself. I didn't realize it at the time, but I was creating Pockets of Time to take care of my physical and emotional health. Through
that process I found I was a better mom and person because I was taking care of myself.

In my next few posts, I will share a few stories about the Pockets of Time I created when my small children were napping, playing, or playing with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment